Cargo Terms and Conditions
Cutoff time for cargo acceptance at all airports is NINETY MINUTES (90) prior to flight departure. This may vary at some airports due to seasonal load restrictions. It is strongly recommended that Shippers having specific flight requirements contact their nearest airport at least TWENTY-FOUR (24) hours in advance of the intended flight departure time.
Rates are determined on the basis of the greater of the gross weight versus the dimensional weight of the goods being shipped. Dimensional weight shall be calculated using Length (in) x Width (in) x Height (in) divided by 166 cubic inches.
In the event of any discrepancy from quotes received online and rates obtained when a shipment is tendered, the rates obtained when tendered shall prevail.
Any quotes provided are subject to verification of the gross weight versus the dimensional weight upon time of tender to the carrier. The greater of the two figures will be used to calculate the rate. Should the gross weight and/or dimension differ from a previous quotation provided; adjustment of the chargeable rate will be made at the accepting cargo office using the actual figures received.
Guaranteed Cargo: (Must be Prepaid)
Guaranteed Cargo is assigned to a specific flight determined by the Carrier, through the advance booking of a cargo seat at the “Encore Seat Category” comprising of up to 200 pounds per cargo seat or any portion thereof. The chargeable weight assessment is based on the larger of gross weight versus dimensional weight.
Guaranteed Cargo is to be moved on assigned flights. Except for reasons beyond the control of the carrier (i.e. weather related flight cancellation) a refund of the difference from the Standby Cargo rate and the Guaranteed Cargo rate is entitled to the party who paid for the shipment charges.
The carrier will priority load Priority Cargo ahead of Standby Cargo as space and or weight permits. This product is available to any shipper who chooses to prioritize his shipment above Standby Cargo, but not at the Guaranteed Cargo level. A refund provision is not available in whole or in part for failure to travel on a specific flight.
This product is the minimum standard applicable to Emergency Medical Supplies, Firearms, Human Remains (cremated), Human Organs or Human Tissue for transplant, Human blood specimens, Human blood for transfusion, Live shipments, (except for fish & insects) and Vaccines.
Note: The minimum charge is $52.50 including GST, exception is for live animals for which the minimum charge is $73.50 including GST.
Standby Cargo is moved on a space available basis at the discretion of the carrier as space or weight permits. There is no refund provision for not traveling on a specific flight.
Limit of Liability
1. By tendering the shipment to the Carrier for transportation, the Shipper, for himself/herself and all other parties having an interest in the shipment, waives all claims for damages beyond the limitations set forth in these rules and affirms the description of the shipment as recited on the air waybill, and the fact that the shipment is not of a nature unsuitable for carriage by air or hazardous thereto.
2. The total liability of the Carrier will in no event exceed the lesser of (A), (B) or (C) below:
A. One Hundred Dollars ($100.00CAD), or
B. The actual value of the shipment, or
C. The amount of any damages actually sustained, whichever is the least.
1. All claims, except for overcharges, must be made in writing to the originating or delivering carrier within ninety (90) days from the date of issue of the Air Waybill. Claims for overcharges must be made in writing to the originating or delivering carrier within one hundred eighty (180) days from the issue of the Air Waybill.
2. No action shall be maintained for loss of or damage to the property or baggage or a passenger or for injury to his person or for loss of or damage to any shipment or for delay in transportation unless notice of the claim is presented in writing to the registered Head Office of the Carrier within thirty (30) days after the occurrence of the loss, damage, injury or delay, and unless the action is actually commenced within one (1) year after such occurrence.
3. Damage and/or loss discovered by the Consignee after delivery, and, after a clear receipt has been given to the Carrier, must be reported in writing to the delivering Carrier at destination within fifteen (15) days after delivery of the shipment, with the privilege to the Carrier to make inspection of the shipment and container(s).
4. No claim for loss or damage to a shipment will be considered until all transportation charges thereon have been paid. The amount of claims may not be deducted from transportation charges.
Shipments will be held by the Carrier without charge for a period of TWENTY FOUR (24) hours (excluding Sundays and Legal Holidays, (*except for perishable shipments) after arrival at the destination airport. Such TWENTY FOUR (24) hour period will be computed from 08:00 hours AM the day following the arrival of the shipment at the destination airport.
After the expiration of such free time, the Carrier will, if practical, continue to hold such shipment as an agent for the shipper and consignee, subject to a charge of $5.00 per day per 100 lbs. per day, or any fraction thereof with a Minimum charge per shipment of $20.00, or if such continued holding is not practicable Carrier, as such agent, will place the shipment in a public warehouse subject to a lien for all transportation, storage, delivery, warehousing and other charges, including handling charges of $10.00 per 100 lbs per day or any fraction thereof, minimum charge of $20.00 per shipment