Oops!. An Error has occured. The System Administrator has been notified
Pacific Coastal Airlines has every intention of delivering your product safely and in accordance to the terms of the Cargo Product you had purchased.
If there has been a mishandling of your shipment, or if you have encountered a shortage or damage, the sooner you submit a claim the quicker we can address your claim.
Before any claim will be considered all transportation charges must have been paid.
Exclusions from Liability
1. The Carrier will not be liable for loss, damage, delay or other result caused by:
a) acts of God, Event of Force Majeure, perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority in the premises, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, civil commotions, or hazards or dangers incident to a state of war;
b) the act or default of the shipper, consignee, or owner;
c) the nature of the shipment, or any defect, characteristic or inherent vice thereof;
d) violation by the shipper, consignee, or any other party claiming an interest in the shipment or any of the rules contained in this tariff or other applicable tariffs, including, but not confined to, improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking, or addressing and failure to observe any of the rules relating to shipments not acceptable for transportation or shipments acceptable only under certain conditions;
e) acts of omissions of warehouseman, customs or quarantine officials, or other persons, other than the Carrier or its agents, gaining lawful or unlawful possession of the shipment, and
f) compliance with delivery instructions from the shipper or consignee or noncompliance with special instructions from the shipper or consignee not authorized by applicable tariffs.
2. The Carrier will not be liable for loss, damage, deterioration, destruction, theft, pilferage, delay, default, mis-delivery, non-delivery or any other result not caused by the actual negligence of itself, its agent, servant or representative, acting within the scope of their authority, or not occurring on its own line or in its own service, or for any act, default, negligence, failure or omission of any other Carrier or any other transportation organization.
3. The Carrier will not be liable for any loss of money, bullion, bonds, coupons, jewelry, precious stones, valuable papers or other articles of extraordinary value. Such articles are uninsurable with our Aviation Insurance Underwriter. Should the Carrier be specifically requested to carry such valuable goods it shall require a waiver of liability to be executed prior to shipment.
4. The Carrier will not be liable in any event for any consequential or special damages arising from transportation subject to these tariff rules, whether or not the Carrier had knowledge that such damages might be incurred.
5. The Carrier will not be liable for any loss or damage to live animals, reptiles, birds, poultry, insects and fish, except for death (including breakage of limbs rendering death necessary), when caused by fire, lighting, windstorm, water damage, crash or collision.
6. The Carrier will not be liable for any loss or injury arising from conduct or condition of the animals themselves.
Limit of Liability
1. By tendering the shipment to the Carrier for transportation, the shipper, for himself and all other parties having an interest in the shipment, waives all claims for damages beyond the limitations set forth in these rules and affirms the description of the shipment as recited on the AIR BILL, and the fact that the shipment is not of a nature unsuitable for carriage by air or hazardous thereto.
2. The total liability of the Carrier will in no event exceed the lesser of (A), (B), or (C) below:
a) Two hundred and fifty dollars ($250) or
b) The actual value of the shipment, or
c) The amount of any damages actually sustained, whichever is the least.
1. No action shall be maintained for loss of or damage to the property or baggage or a passenger or for injury to his person or for loss of or damage to any shipment or for delay in transportation unless notice of the claim is presented in writing to the registered Head Office of the Carrier within thirty (30) days after the occurrence of the loss, damage, injury or delay, and unless the action is actually commenced within One (1) year after such occurrence.
2. Damage and/or loss discovered by the Consignee after delivery, and, after a clear receipt has been given to the Carrier, must be reported in writing to the delivering Carrier at destination within fifteen (15) days after delivery of the shipment, with the privilege to the Carrier to make inspection of the shipment and container(s).
3. No claim for loss or damage to a shipment will be entertained until all transportation charges thereon have been paid. The amount of claims may not be deducted from transportation charges.
4. A Cargo Claim Form must be completed and submitted to: